This was another result of my crazy pasta-making day. Tortellinis are usually stuffed with meat or cheese, and since I've got homemade cream cheese, I stuffed mine with the garlic and herb-flavoured cheese. When I say simple, I really mean simple. Because I don't have any cream or sour cream or any leftover meat sauce on hand, and I was hungry after spending much longer than I expected on making the pasta, I simply tossed it with olive oil and finished it off with parmesan and fresh parsley.
Simple Herbed Cheese Tortellini Ravioli
I'm sorry it really doesn't seem like much of a recipe.
For the pasta dough, check out my homemade sourdough pasta post.
You'll need 1/2 of the dough from that entry. Maybe 1/3 if you roll it out thinner.
For the tortellini stuffing,
1/2 cup homemade cream cheese
1-2 tbsp grated parmesan
1 tbsp garlic powder (you can use mashed/pureed garlic. oh oh roasted garlic puree!!)
1 tsp each of dried parsley and mixed herbs
pinch of sea salt, black pepper
drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
handful of chopped fresh parsley
handful of grated parmesan
1. Mix the stuffing ingredients
2. Place a teaspoon (don't be greedy and stuff too much) of the stuffing below the (estimate) diagonal halfway mark of each square (should be circle, or you get that funny pointed crown!) of dough.
3. Wet the edges with water/egg wash(press around the stuffing). Wrap the two pointed edges together and pres to seal. Leave to dry for 1/2 hour or so.
Please check out my homemade sourdough pasta post for a clearer picture. There are photos!
4. Cook the tortellini in gently boiling salted water, about 3-4 min. Drain and plate.
5. Drizzle olive oil over generously, top with the parmesan and fresh parsley. Enjoy!
This is part of Simple Lives Thursday.